Thursday, September 8, 2011

Brown Sugar Brownies

Okay, who took one of the brownies?  I need to do a photo shoot on this for the blog!


I am always on the look-out for the ultimate brownie recipe.  Mike thinks the ultimate is the Hershey's Brownie Mix that I buy at Sam's--has about 6 pouches.  It is REALLY good, but I can't always find it anywhere else and I don't get to Sam's often with my work schedule.  So I want something I can make from scratch that is really yum.  I am trying this recipe that I..wait for it...tore out of a magazine.  I think Better Homes & Gardens.  But it was on a Domino Sugar Ad, if that helps.  I made these at the beach last week and they were a big hit.  Dad says if he ever has to go to the hospital he wants me to bring him some of these.  That was weird...

Ingredients:
1 cup packed Domino Light Brown Sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

1.  Preheat oven to 325. Grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
2.  In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Beat in chocolate, then flour.  Stir in nuts. Pour into pan.
3.  Bake 25 minutes.
4.  Cool in pan and cut into bars.  MAKES 2 DOZEN small brownies, about 9 normal size, or one dang good single serving if you are needing a chocolate fix.

Source:  2011 Domino Foods, Inc., via magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment