Monday, November 14, 2011

Buttermilk Syrup

This goes great with the School Morning Pancake recipe. When my extended family was together for Christmas last year this became a quick favorite. Everyone was asking for the recipe. Definitely not a diet worthy recipe so what special occasion will this become a tradition for you and your family?

Buttermilk Syrup
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda

1-Melt butter in a pot on stove-top.
2-Add sugar and buttermilk.



3-Whisk, and bring to a boil.
4-Take off of the heat.
5-Add vanilla and baking soda.



*Refrigerate any leftovers in a glass container. It will "set" and is much easier to warm back up by sticking a glass container in a pan full of water on the stove.

Source: Momzoo Blog

3 comments:

  1. This is the only syrup I like, but as good as it is--it actually gets better. Add a teaspoon of coconut extract for incredible flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this syrup! I just close my eyes as a I add the sugar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Shawnie, I bet that is so good! Can't wait to try it that way!

    And yes Emily-I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete