Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hungry Jack Casserole




I made this hearty dish for a "Girls Night In" I hosted a few weeks ago and everyone seemed to like it (because a few actually said so). I recommend sides that go well with BBQ--like broccoli slaw and potato salad.



Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef

1 t salt

16-oz. can pork and beans

3/4 C Kraft BBQ sauce

2 T brown sugar

1 T instant minced onion (I used dehydrated)

1 can flaky biscuits

1 C grated cheese (I used cheddar)



1. Preheat oven to 375. Brown beef; drain. (Remember not to pour the grease down your sink!)

2. Stir in salt, beans, BBQ sauce, sugar, and onion. Heat until bubbly; pour into a 2-quart casserole dish.

3. Cut biscuits in half. Place cut side down around edge of casserole.

4. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until biscuits are golden (20-30 minutes).



Source: my mom

No comments:

Post a Comment