Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Spice Cakes

Let me begin by saying that this recipe was created after I tried THIS recipe by our very own Kara.  Can I say YUM!!!  It turned out we wanted more and the only box of cake mix I had was Spice Cake.  Hmmm...I thought.  And then remembering a cake recipe my sister gave me I decided to give it a shot!

Ingredients:  
1 box of Spice Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines) 
1 15oz can pumpkin

  1. Preheat oven to 350*
  2. Mix together the cake mix and canned pumpkin
  3. Drop by spoonfulls (about 1T) onto a cookie sheet, slightly flatten
  4. Bake 7-10 min, remove from oven and cool completely
Frosting:  
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Stick (1/4 Cup) Butter or Margarine, softened
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 - 2.5 Cups Powdered Sugar
  1. Mix all the ingredients together until nice and creamy
  2. When the cookies are completely cooled, smother the frosting between 2 cookies and...voila! A fall version of the "oreo"!   

No comments:

Post a Comment