No fancy intro here. I just have to say that these are awesome!
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (it's best to use a name brand such as Jif)
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
Melting Chocolate (I use the 70z. container of Baker's Dipping Chocolate)
1. Cream together peanut butter and butter until smooth.
2. Add powdered sugar and beat slowly until incorporated.
3. Spread peanut butter mixture on to plastic wrap, a layer about 1 inch thick. Cover with a second layer of plastic wrap and refriderate atleast 4 hours.
4. When firm, use a knife to cut flattened mixture into 1 inch squares. Quickly roll each square into a ball.
5. Place shaped balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Insert a toothpick into each and place in freezer until very firm.
6. Dip frozen peanut butter balls into melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to harden at room temperature or in the fridge if you just can't wait!
*It's best to try and roll peanut butter balls when they are very cold. If they become too messy, allow to chill longer and dust your hands with powdered sugar.
**You may as well double or triple this recipe. Take my word for it.