Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pink Grapefruit Sorbet

loooooove Ruby Red grapefruit.  So when I saw a recipe for it on Pinterest, I had to give it a shot.  But when I cut into what should've been two Ruby Reds, I was shocked to see just your regular ol' grapefruit.  So disappointed.  But then I remembered that I had a large can of pink grapefruit juice in the pantry.  Surely that would do, even though fresh would be so much better.  So I used it, and it worked!  So delicious.

My next step after that was trying it with Agave Nectar instead of granulated sugar.  Still delicious!  If you love grapefruit, you'll love this.  You can adjust the amount of tart to sweet by adjusting the amount of juice and sweetener.  Taste it just before you're ready to put it into the machine and make your adjustments accordingly.
photo credit: me!
Pink Grapefruit Sorbet (original recipe)
1 1/2 cups fresh or canned grapefruit juice
2 cups sugar
2 cups water

1.  Combine sugar and water in saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat.  Reduce heat to low and simmer until sugar is dissolved.  Cool completely.
2.  When cool, add grapefruit juice and stir to combine.  Pour into freezer bowl of ice cream maker.  Turn machine on and freeze until slushy.  Transfer to an air tight container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.

OR

Pink Grapefruit Sorbet (agave recipe)
1 1/2 cups fresh or canned grapefruit juice
1 cup agave nectar
2 cups water

1.  Combine juice, nectar, and water and stir until well mixed.
2.  Pour into freezer of ice cream machine and freeze as stated above.

Source:  can't remember, sorry!, also posted on my blog Weighward Woman

1 comment:

  1. I love pink grapefruits! You know what other sorbets rock? Guava is my favorite, but mango is good too.

    ReplyDelete