Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sausage and Rice Skillet

Inspired by one of my mother-in-law's recipes with Sausage and Minnesota grown wild rice...I came up with this little ditty that took me a total of 30 minutes to put together.  We like these throw-it-all-in-the-skillet deals.  Makes clean-up a cinch!  

Ingredients:
1 lb regular ground sausage (I used Jimmy Dean...it is the best)
1/4 c chopped onion or 1T dried onion (I'm a HUGE fan of dried onion)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 package of Birds Eye Steamfresh Brown and Wild rice with Broccoli and Carrots, prepared
8oz can of water chestnuts, drained and chopped (added for a little optional crunch)
1/2 c beef broth
pepper to taste

  1. Brown the sausage with onion, add soup, steamed rice and water chestnuts.  
  2. Add beef broth a little at a time for a creamier consistency.  
  3. Add pepper to taste
  4. Heat through and serve!  

No comments:

Post a Comment