Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake


I'll start with the disclaimer: this isn't really shortcake. It's a gussied-up white cake. BUT...

...It's MOIST. It's easy. And it will tantalize your taste buds. Oh, yes, my friends. It will.

I usually make this cake using Devil's Food Cake mix and chocolate pudding, but today I couldn't decide between Strawberry Shortcake or chocolate cake. So I mixed it up a little and it turned out so fabulously I thought I'd share it with you! The chocolate chips are the perfect complements to the strawberries.

You're Welcome. :)

Ingredients:
1 White (not yellow) Cake Mix (I use Betty Crocker)
1 (5.1 oz) Vanilla Instant Pudding mix
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 eggs
1/2 C Warm Water
1.5 C Mini-Chocolate Chips (I suppose you could use regular, but in my experience the bigger chips sink to the bottom while cooking)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, sift together the cake and pudding mixes. Add the wet ingredients, one at a time, ending with the chocolate chips.

3. Pour into a well-greased 12 Cup bundt pan.

4. *Bake for 50 - 55 mins, or until the top is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in the pan, at least an hour and a half, and invert onto a plate if desired.

5. Top with whipped cream and strawberries.

*I use a 10 Cup Sunflower-shaped Cake Pan with no fluting and it fits, but just barely. I bake this in a preheated 335 degree oven for 80 mins.

You can also bake this in a 9x13" pan, at 350 for 25 - 30 mins.

Source: My own variations on Too Much Chocolate Cake from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment