Friday, February 8, 2013

Sesame Noodles

Did you know that Chinese New Year is this Sunday? I've never really celebrated it since I have no ties to China. Well, I do now! My brother in law is fluent in Chinese and convinced my sister to move there for a while. While there they adopted the sweetest little Sheltie, Toby. (honestly, he is the most tame sweet dog I've ever known) So, now I have a Chinese nephew who I love dearly. (yes, in my family dogs are people)

This recipe is so easy and SO tasty. I love this and look forward to making it again this Sunday!


Sesame Noodles

Ingredients
12 ounces, Thin Noodles, cooked & drained (look in your ethnic section, my grocery store had some Chinese noodles)
1/4 C. Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Sugar
4 cloves Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp. Hot Sauce (the original recipe called for Hot Chili Oil, I didn't have it nor did I want to buy it!)
4 Tbsp. Canola Oil
4 whole Green Onions, Sliced

Directions
1. Mix all ingredients except noodles and green onions together in a bowl.
2. Pour sauce over warm noodles and green onion and mix until the sauce covers all the noodles.
3. Serve & Enjoy!

Adapted very slightly from The Pioneer Woman

1 comment: