Monday, July 15, 2013

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!

Forget about your diet! You have to try these! They will make you so happy! 


The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!

Cream together:
1 cup CRISCO shortening (Sometimes I use ½ cup shortening and ½ cup butter)
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar

Mix in:
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Add:
2 ¼ cups white flour (you can use white wheat flour…it’s very good)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Chocolate chips (as many as you like!) I used "chunks." You can add chopped nuts too!

Put spoonfuls on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees until just barely starting to brown on the edges. They will look a bit underdone to the average person! Take out of oven and let them sit for a few minutes on the pan. (DO NOT over cook if you want them to be chewy and soft.) 

Pour a glass of milk and ENJOY!!!! YUM YUM!!!

Notes: 
1. One batch makes 2 dozen large cookies. Trust me, you'll want to make a double batch. 

2. These make fabulous M&M cookies too! You can add anything you like in these cookies! White chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, or dark chocolate and pecans...the possibilities are endless! 

Source: My amazing mom! (Brenda Joyner) She taught my sister and I how to make these when we were really young, and we were famous for our delicious cookies! 

2 comments:

  1. I just made these, and yum! I made the recipe as is, but made the cookies smaller by using a small cookie scoop. I baked them for 8 min. per batch and the recipe made 64 cookies. Baking them for 8 min. slightly undertakes them so they are gooey and yummy after cooling...not crisp at all. Just how I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UnderBakes...not undertakes :)

    ReplyDelete