Thursday, September 19, 2013

Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Yogurt Sauce


I am not kidding when I say that we have been eating a lot of zucchini around here. If you are friends with me on FB you might have seen a picture I posted of my counter full of zucs! It has been good though because it has given me the opportunity to try new recipes. This is one that I got from Ezra Pound Cake. I followed the sauce recipe but I cut my zucchini differently and used some yellow squash from my garden as well. 


Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Yogurt Sauce 

8 ounces pasta of your choice 
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt 
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 
1 tablespoon olive oil 
3 medium (8-ounce) zucchini, cut however you like them. (Here I used 2 zucs and 1 squash)  
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 
1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook according to the package directions. Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking water, and set it aside. Drain the pasta. Set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan, lemon zest, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
  3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, (and squash, if using) and cook just until wilted
  4. Use a spoon or spatula to push the zucchini aside so a space on the bottom of the pan is clear. Add the garlic, and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, until golden but not really brown.
  5. Mix the garlic into the zucchini.
  6. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. 
  7. Add the zucchini mixture to the pasta and add the yogurt sauce. Toss to combine. Add the reserved pasta cooking water a tablespoon at a time, if necessary, to thin it. Divide among four bowls and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment