One thing I love about the holiday season is the yummy food that accompanies it. One appetizer that I love during this season are cheese balls! I saw this idea to make your cheese balls look like pinecones and put my little spin on it. It's so pretty, festive, and yummy!
Pinecone Cheese Ball
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese (I use one full fat and one light, you'll need some fat to it so it'll hold it's shape)
- 2 1/2 C. freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
- About 2 cups sliced almonds
- Rosemary springs (or you could use evergreen needles) for garnish
1. Start off by toasting your almonds over the stove with a little bit of butter. When fully toasted, spread on a paper towel and allow to cool.
2. Mix together cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add Cheddar cheese and the ranch dressing mix. Mix until well blended.
3. On wax paper shape your two pinecones. Transfer them to your serving dish.
4. Take your almonds and stick them into the cheese ball giving the effect of a pinecone.
5. Cool in your refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
Hope Y'all enjoy it as much as we did!