Thursday, February 20, 2014

Eczema fighting lotion

This is a super moisturizing lotion. My sister first gave me a sample of some that she made and after I ran out of that, I made a batch of my own. I love it. After leaving the humid environment of Florida, my skin suffered. I use this at night and my hands and knuckles have improved a lot.
 
1/4 C. Avocado Oil
1/2 C. Coconut Oil
1/2 C. Beeswax pastilles
1/3 C. Shea Butter
1/2 tsp. Vitamin E oil (about 5 capsules, cut open and squeezed out.)
20 drops of essential oils (optional)

1. Melt the avocado oil, coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter in a double boiler, or a glass mixing bowl over simmering water in a pot. 
2. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
3. Add the vitamin E oil and essential oils (if using). Stir to combine. Let cool completely.
4. Place the cooled lotion in a mixer or beat with a hand mixer until smooth (this is optional.)

No comments:

Post a Comment