Monday, August 4, 2014

Spinach Chopped Salad

Ever since my sister posted this recipe two years ago, I've been in love with chopped salads.  I've followed recipes and also just played around with putting together my own favorite ingredients.  It always seems to turn out great.  I came across this recipe the other day and thought I would try and share.

P.S.  I also like to eat chopped salads with a big spoon instead of a fork!  Much, much easier.

Ingredients:
8 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
1/2 cup kernel corn
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 large avocado, sliced and diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts

Dressing:
3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. Dijon or Dusseldorf mustard
salt and pepper to taste

1.  Combine all salad ingredients in a very large bowl.
2.  Combine dressing ingredients and whisk together.  Pour over salad, a little at a time, and toss.  Serve.

You may not use all the dressing; it just depends on your taste.  Also, if the dressing has too much tang for you, add a little sugar to it.  Taste it first before you dress the salad.

Source:  Recipe Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment