3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2/3 cup water
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
15-oz can of pumpkin (or use the equivalent of fresh puree)
2 t. salt
1 t. cloves
1 t. allspice
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Mix sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder. Then add to pumpkin mixture.
3. Add salt, cloves, allspice, raisins and nuts. Mix well.
4. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans. You will need several, depending on the size. This particular time I used two larger loaf pans and one mini pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F. for approximately 1 hour. Test for doneness with a cake tester.
NOTE: This recipe will produce about 30 muffins, baked at 28 minutes.
SOURCE: Ricks College 2nd Stake Relief Society, Rexburg, Idaho.