Monday, November 10, 2014
Pumpkin-Shaped Dinner Rolls
This time around I thought I'd post more of an idea than a recipe. You can use any bread dough recipe you like or use a mix like I did. Whatever dough you choose to work with, the results will be similar. This is an easy way to bring a little fall fun to your Thanksgiving table.
Directions for one-loaf's worth of dough:
1. Prepare dough according to recipe or can instructions. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk. Punch down.
2. Roll dough into a log. Using kitchen shears (or unflavored dental floss) cut the log into half, then cut each half into half again. This will give you four log pieces. Each of these pieces should then be cut into thirds. You will have 12 pieces.
3. Take one section of dough and roll firmly between your palms. Roll into a tight, smooth ball. Take your kitchen shears and snip into the edge of the dough eight times equal distance apart. Do not cut all the way through.
4. Place on greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover lightly with a sheet of plastic wrap lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Allow to rise.
5. Bake according to your recipe. Garnish with a sliver of pecan.
Source: it's all over Pinterest, baby.